Job Description / Responsibilities
This position will be based in Dallas, TX and report to ACP’s CFO. You will be heavily involved in all aspects of fund and management company related accounting and reporting activities. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in all aspects of management company and fund accounting including reviewing the quarterly and year-end closing process for multiple investment partnerships. You will also assist in reviewing all aspects of financial reporting to limited partners, including capital calls, distributions, financial statements, and associated partners’ capital accounts.
- Help manage the relationship and productivity of the firm’s external administrator.
- Assist with management fee, waterfall allocation and other complex calculations.
- Assist CFO with investment transactions including the review of transaction documents to ensure accounting records follow the legal documentation.
- Assist CFO and investment teams in closing deals (including reviewing funds flows).
- Bolster ACP’s internal accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance with those policies.
- Drive strategic process improvement initiatives and system implementations.
- Assist in the determination of portfolio company valuations.
- Monitor partnership cash balances and capital requirements.
- Assist with audits and tax estimates/return preparation activities.
- Assist with fundraising, LP meetings and LP diligence requests.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA is a plus.
- At least 3 to 5 years of public accounting and/or private equity experience with primary responsibilities in accounting and/or financial reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required. Knowledge of iPreo/iLevel is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the CFO to continuously improve accounting functions.
- Mature and professional candidate who has a strong work ethic.
- Energetic self-starter and team player.
Align Capital Partners is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your interest to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Dan Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).