Marketing and Business Development Associate
Headquartered in Cleveland and Dallas, Align Capital Partners (“ACP”) is a growth-oriented private equity firm that partners with business owners and management teams to create shared success. ACP brings experience, resources, and a $325 million committed fund to help companies accelerate their growth, to the benefit of management, employees, and the firm’s investors. ACP makes control investments in lower-middle market specialty manufacturing, distribution, and business services companies. Since closing its first fund in September of 2016, ACP has completed thirteen investments including six platforms and seven add-on acquisitions.
Align is seeking an individual to execute our marketing efforts and support our Director of Business Development with processing new deals, coordinating logistics for industry conferences and maintaining our CRM.
- Creating and updating marketing collateral and coordinating production
- Maintaining and expanding ACP’s direct email and social media campaigns (content and design)
- Performing updates to firm website (utilizing WordPress)
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy
- Drafting deal announcement press releases and coordinating distribution with investment and management teams
- Developing and implementing new marketing initiatives, ensuring all efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation
- Preparing marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success
Business Development support responsibilities:
- Maintaining and improving the firm’s CRM system (DealCloud) to track deal flow, manage contacts, foster shared communication and optimize deal origination efforts
- Assisting Director of Business Development in reviewing non-disclosure agreements
- Planning and coordinating for industry conferences and trade shows
- Completing internal business development related reporting
In addition, the individual will be called upon to support the organization with various additional projects / support activities, including, but not limited to: meeting and travel coordination, serving as primary contact for building management, IT, service providers and other vendors, coordinating business and social functions for the firm, and/or greeting office guests.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies/qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing or similar role is required; experience from a marketing/advertising agency and/or professional services environment is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, as well as familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Working knowledge of HTML and design and email software is strongly preferred
- Organized and highly attentive to detail
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Desire to learn and understand our industry – basic knowledge of M&A and financial statements is a plus
- Self-starter with a proven track record of managing multiple projects and providing exceptional work product
- Ability to multi-task and / or manage multiple projects at one time
- Team player that thrives in collegial culture built on trust, respect, integrity and partnership
Hours & Location
This is a full-time position based in the Beachwood/Shaker Heights area of Ohio.
Competitive base salary based on experience of the candidate.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your interest in the opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.