Align is seeking an individual to expand the firm’s deal sourcing initiatives alongside our Managing Director of Business Development. In addition to being a firm ambassador for Align among deal intermediaries, s/he will assist with processing new deals, maintaining our CRM and coordinating marketing initiatives. Immediately upon joining the team, s/he will invest time in learning and ultimately being able to articulate Align’s investment criteria, portfolio company descriptions and add-on criteria. This individual will also work closely with the investment team to assist with industry-specific sourcing initiatives and the development of marketing campaigns for Align’s transaction milestones.
Business Development responsibilities would include:
- Facilitating outreach to our intermediary network and over time transitioning to direct calling responsibilities for investment banks, business brokers and deal intermediaries; including representing Align at select industry conferences
- Reviewing in-bound deal flow for initial fit with Align’s investment criteria prior to the investment team’s engagement
- Participation in Align’s weekly pipeline meeting including deal tracking and coordinating follow-up
- Reviewing and coordinating execution of non-disclosure agreements
- Maintaining and improving the firm’s CRM system (DealCloud) to track deal flow, manage contacts, foster shared communication and optimize deal origination efforts
- Completing internal business development and investor related reporting
- Planning and coordinating firm participation in industry conferences
Marketing responsibilities would include
- Drafting deal announcement press releases and coordinating distribution with investment and management teams
- Maintaining and improving upon current marketing initiatives:
- Updating marketing collateral and coordinating production
- Maintaining and expanding Align’s direct email and social media campaigns
- Coordinating updates to firm website with our third-party marketing partner
- Leveraging technology to implement new marketing initiatives to help with lead generation
In addition, the individual will be called upon to support the organization with various additional projects / support activities as needed. We play and win as a team!
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a relationship builder with a proven ability to initiate and lead external conversations (over the phone and in-person), while also being self-motivated and engaged around the administrative side of the role which includes significant independent work, attention to detail and being highly organized. S/he will also have the following competencies/qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in finance, investment banking, consulting, corporate development or other transactional work with demonstrated progression of roles & responsibilities
- Possess sufficient business acumen (basic knowledge of M&A and financial statements is strongly preferred)
- Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, as well as familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) tools
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter with a proven track record of managing multiple projects and providing exceptional work product
- Highly focused, mature and results-oriented individual
- Team player that thrives in collegial culture built on trust, respect, integrity and partnership
Hours, Location and Travel Requirements
- This is a full-time position based in Dallas, Texas or Cleveland, Ohio (fully remote candidates will not be considered)
- Reports to the Managing Director and Head of Business Development based in Cleveland
- Comfortable travelling as many as 3 days in a week and up to 2 times per month
Competitive base salary based on experience of the candidate.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com or contact Dan Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. Align will begin interviews near-term and look to on-board the new Business Development Associate in the next 2-3 months.
Align Capital Partners is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.