Job Description / Responsibilities
Align Capital Partners is seeking candidates for a Vice President (“VP”) position in its Dallas and/or Cleveland offices. Our Vice Presidents are involved in all aspects of the firm’s business, from evaluating and executing platform and add-on investments to monitoring portfolio companies. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, sourcing new investments – you’ll be responsible for building relationships with M&A intermediaries to help drive our deal flow.
- New investment analysis, and leading the due diligence, underwriting and related financing processes – you’re the quarterback of the diligence process and manage the development of investment committee materials. You’ll also be heavily involved with working with our partner lenders to finance the deals you’re working on.
- Structuring and execution of new investments – you’ll be actively involved with negotiating, structuring, and closing both new platform investments and add-on acquisitions.
- You’ll work with ACP’s operating team members and portfolio companies on strategic and financial initiatives, including development, tracking, and management of KPIs and other key measurements.
- As a member of the Board of Directors, you’ll participate in your portfolio companies’ board meetings with significant interaction with senior management and outside board members.
- You’ll be heavily involved in the exit monetization processes (recaps, sale processes, etc.)
- Actively mentor junior investment professionals.
- Lead targeted industry and/or thematic investing pursuits.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate business degree demonstrating academic proficiency. An MBA degree is additive but not required.
- 3+ years of private equity experience coupled with 2+ years in investment banking, strategy consulting, or transaction advisory services.
- Mature and professional candidate with an excellent work ethic.
- A thorough understanding of accounting, corporate finance, corporate strategy, and business reporting.
- Sound business and investment judgment.
- Analytical with a pragmatic and creative approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills – strong relationship-building skills with senior team members, colleagues, and senior executives within portfolio companies and acquisition targets.
- Experience with technology and tech-enabled investments is additive.
Align Capital Partners is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.